Thursday, July 26, 2012

mirror re-do

I just scrolled thru my picture and I am so disappointed that I didn't take a before shot of this mirror redo.

Actually it would have required 2 before pictures.
Because I bought this mirror probably 30 years ago at the Chino Auction in Calif. and have always liked it a lot. It is a heavy duty furniture quality mirror.
So it started off looking like a finished piece of furniture. You know the brown type of furniture finish.

So Mallory told me it was dated and needed an update.

Out comes the can of Black paint and it's done.
Make over complete.

But it never really seemed complete to me.
One day when we were at the store I grabbed a can of Country White paint and made the change.

I covered it in the Country White, then gave it a little roughing up (sanded some of the edges).

TAAADAA

I'm liking it A LOT now!


I wish it was Summer all year long.
Not the hot weather kind of Summer.
Just the stay home kind of Summer.
I think thay call that retirement!!

1 comment:

Julianna said...

i meant to tell you on tuesday how much i loved that mirror. i didn't know was a recent re-do. i have an old mirror that really needs a make-over i am totally copying that idea! and man, too bad none of those treats made it till tuesday i can not wait to try making them! ps-thanks again for letting us crash your house on the holiday!