It seems I have had nothing worth saying lately. So here goes with a randon post of our Thursday date. Actually it didn't start out being a date. Alan and I were up at 4:45 AM to catch the first flight of the day out heading for Salt Lake City. We were going to attend the funeral of Alan's Aunt Darling.
As we walked off the plane we could see our breath. Yes, it was cold! Climbed into our rental car and headed for Roy. Our first stop of the day was "Cracker Barrel". What a Yummy breakfast that was.
Arrived at the church to a Relief Society room bursting at the seems with people. All family! I would guess over 200, just family. What does that say for the woman they were all honoring. What a tribute! My thoughts of Aunt Darling are, Happy, Positive, Fun. A woman who always looked for the Good and Best in all things and all people. Alan enjoyed visiting with aunts, uncles and cousins, some he had not seen for many many years.
Now a trip to Salt Lake would not be complete without a visit to several D.I.'s. So before we loaded the last flight of the night to head back home, we were able to squeeze in a trip to 5 D.I.'s!
What does one do in 5 D.I.'s you may ask, and what fun do you derive from that kind of entertainment?
BOOKS! We love to shop for books. TO READ! We sadly only came back with 5 books this trip, but still had a blast! This is actually our favorite date. It is something we BOTH enjoy.

This is a sampling of some of our finds over the years. We probably have read at least 95% of what is on the shelf.
My favorite purchase this trip was the children's book "My First CHURCH HISTORY Stories. $1.00 (regular $12.95) In perfect unused condition. Stories of the First Vision, The Angel Moroni, The Pioneers, The Priesthood, etc. I can't wait to gather a grandchild or two on my lap and read the stories.

note to self: as hard as I struggled to take a day off from work to accompany my husband to Salt Lake. (no one else can do what I do each day. At least that is the lie I tell myself, in regards to the school bus that is. My children get after me for never taking days off, even when I am nearly throwing up in the bus waste basket. Anyway... as hard as it was to convince myself to take off. I need to do it more often and be more spontaneous. It was so worth the time away, together. (even when I got back on the bus today and had all the kids verify my fears, that the substitute got lost, was late and missed stops...oh well).
Take time to make time. Enjoy the moments. Live!
3 comments:
The last line... well said. : )
good one...mamma even when you don't have anything to blog about your still come up with something amazing! haha :)
Your blog is so inspiring...I'm glad I happened upon it. I hope it's ok if I visit once in a while.
PS:I'm Mallory's boss. Love the girl, now I know where she gets all her smarts!
Post a Comment